26 October 2009

What Next?

I'm kicking around some ideas of what to write about next, and I thought I might ask my readers what seems interesting. Here is a partial list:

  1. Stochastic Duels: This series is stalled, but not forgotten. This will get done eventually because it is part of my "master plan". 
  2. Fair Dice. There was a spurt of interest in this following Kit's post at the Scrapyard Armory, but I had some other ideas I still want to follow up on. These include measuring a set of dice to see how regular the casting is (I found my calipers!), and some more mathematical results about fair dice I could describe.
  3. A series on basic strategic choice in war games, tentatively titled "Toy Soldiers". And by basic I mean starting with the most trivial situation possible and working up to some common choices in games.
  4. A better Battle Value for Battletech. I've been working up to this one for a long while, and I still don't have all the pieces I need to do this right. However, doing it wrong might still be interesting. What I have in minds would also be applicable to a lot of other games too. This would be even better if I could do a little programming work to calculate the value first.
  5. Painting Miniatures, which would require me to get off my butt and start painting!
  6. There is no idea #6.
  7. Designing Games: I simply ran out of time for the Game Design Concepts class over the summer, but I'd like to get back to it at my own speed. I have a growing list of game ideas, and with a little effort, any of these might be fair material for posts.
  8. Lanchester's Laws, something else I keep threatening to write about, also part of my master plan. Hmmm ...
  9. I read this post about Chaos theory, and it made me wonder if that might be worked into a game somehow.
  10. I've got a stack of old notes I started writing before I was blogging too. I should scan through those for more ideas.

That's enough. Suggestions and requests are always welcome.
GBR Giant Battling Robots Favicon
Post a Comment