09 March 2012

Battletech Cake

A nice surprise treat at the Wednesday Battletech night:


A creation of the talented Mrs. D. All the guys were really impressed.
If I has known in advance, I would have carefully cleaned up a few miniatures and posed them on top.

You may be asking yourself the same question I asked myself, "Does the cake taste as good as it looks?"


To which the answer is "YES."


UPDATE: 
Nate D. informs meThank you for posting those. She was glad to hear that it wasn't just me who thought it was great. It's somewhere between semi-pro & a hobby for her, but if anyone needs a cake for any reason her email is [***].  She does have a portfolio of previous cake designs if anyone's looking for inspiration.
*** I chose not to publicly post the email. Contact me if you want to be put in touch.

7 comments:

Duce said...

Thats a keeper right there, cake and battletech, only thing more awesome would eb finding a ton of unseens in your drawer you forgot you had.

Frontline Gamer said...

That is all sorts of awesome!!! However, you've now given me a cravings for both Mecha and cake. Damn you!!! :P

Dan Eastwood said...

Somewhere I have a few more pics involving cake and mecha. I swear I posted them already, but they are nowhere to be found. :-(
They must be around somewhere. I'll have to dig thru the hard drive.

Frontline Gamer said...

Cake and giant robots. Two of the best things in the world if you ask me!!! Now if only there was a giant robot made of cake...

Dan Eastwood said...

How about a Dragon?
http://giantbattlingrobots.blogspot.com/2009/02/have-your-cake-and-dragon-too.html

Frontline Gamer said...

That is... that's... I mean it's...

TOTALLY FRICKING AWESOME!!!

Why did I never get a birthday cake like that? I totally feel deprived now. My parents were rubbish, I mean they never got me a Dragon cake!!!

Just to be clear, Dragons are just as cool as giant robots if you ask me. Man I'm a nerd.

 Ashley said...

Tasty looking cake. Wish i could have been there.